Basic Tenets of IST
- Systemic postulate: Everything Is Connected.
- The contemporary context maintains the problem.
- Theory of Change: With Organized System of Care, presenting problem remits.
- Multifaceted self. “I am large, I contain multitudes.” (Walt Whitman)
- Assess system:
- Structure/Developmental stage/History/Process
- Law of Parsimony (Occam's Razor) "Simplest, effective explanation is best".
- Essentiality of tracking grounded data.
- Direct the therapy to transform the homeostatic maintainer (HM).
- Ubiquitous triangles must be addressed.
- Interventions: Family Therapy Techniques to transform the system.(Minuchin,Fishman)
- Results Based Accountability: "If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it"
© Charles Fishman, MD May, 2015